RECALL: Nova Max Glucose Test Strips
The company has discovered that a number of blood glucose test strips included in Nova Max Glucose Test Strip lots and Nova Max Plus glucose meter kits may report a false, abnormally high blood glucose result.
“Those who use, recommend clinically, or sell Nova Max Glucose Test Strips for blood glucose testing should immediately discontinue using or distributing glucose test strips form the recalled lots.”
Customers impacted by this recall are advised to contact Nova Diabetes Care customer service at 1-800-681-7390 for replacement test strips at no charge.
In the event that a customer must use affected test strips from the indicated lots above while waiting for replacement product to arrive, Nova Diabetes Care recommends customers take the following precautions:
- As stated in the Blood Glucose Monitor Owners Guide and Nova Max Glucose Test Strip Product Insert, customers should perform a quality control solution test to confirm that the vial of Nova Max Glucose Test Strips is working correctly.
- Customers should not use a test strip vial if control solution results are not within the expected range.
- Customers should verify all elevated blood glucose test results that are not consistent with their diabetes history by repeating the test using a new blood glucose test strip from a different vial (if available) or the same vial (if a new vial is unavailable).
- Customers should contact their health care provider immediately if their reported blood glucose result(s) are not consistent with their diabetes history, how they feel, or if they think their results are not accurate (higher than expected).
- Customers should never ignore symptoms or make significant changes to their diabetes management program without speaking to their health care professional.