While we know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, ideally giving you enough protein and nutrients to get you through the morning, we sometimes fall short on the breakfast prep side of things and end up rushing out the door with just a few bites of toast in our bellies….
In an effort to up our brekky game, we knew we needed to find dishes that were easy and delicious, and that didn’t slow us down too much in the mornings. Thankfully, this blueberry breakfast bake fits the bill, resulting in a yummy, super filling dish that you can prep ahead of time and then just pop in the oven when you’re getting ready in the morning. Packed with blueberries, oats and almonds, this recipe will help you get ready for the day – plus you can make a big batch and then be set for the rest of the week!
Blueberry Breakfast Bake
45 minutes to prepare
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, optional, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, oil, butter, egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, then fold in blueberries and almonds, if using.
- Transfer mixture to greased baking dish and place in oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until oats are tender and cooked through.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with more almonds, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Recipes That Crock