I love chocolate and I love peanut butter. So, naturally, I love the combination of the two. And I don’t think I’m alone in my love for the delicious marriage of chocolate and peanut butter.
Unfortunately, if you have diabetes, it sort of limits your ability to really splurge on this yummy indulgence. Or does it!?
Tova has concocted a no-carb diabetes-friendly peanut butter cup that may put the real deal to shame. This will satisfy any peanut buttery chocolate craving plus leaves out the guilt. Check out the recipe from FaveHealthyRecipes.com, watch the video, and eat happy!
Peanut Butter Cup Recipe
Chilling Time: 20 min
1 stick butter
1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
1/3 cup Splenda
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (Optional. Could also use almonds. Just check the nutritional info)
4 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon half and half
10 muffin or cupcake papers
- Melt butter, chocolate, and Splenda in microwave (about 90 seconds)
- Sprinkle walnuts on bottoms of cupcake papers (if using the nuts)
- Add peanut butter and half-and-half to chocolate mixture. Stir to combine
- Pour evenly into cupcake papers. Freeze until firm (about 20 minutes)
- Remove from cupcake papers to present them like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or keep them in cupcake papers for easier/cleaner distribution. Serve immediately, as they’ll melt fairly quickly.
Serving Size=1 peanut butter cup
2.5g Carbohydrate – 1g Fiber = 1.5g Net Absorbable Grams Carbohydrate