Good strategies for preventing genital yeast infections include:
- Wearing breathable fabrics and avoiding tight undergarments (including pantyhose).
- Practicing proper hygiene. Clean thoroughly after using the bathroom and wash your hands well. Consider using vaginal wipes.
- Avoiding condoms with spermicide as they may contribute to female yeast infections.
- Avoiding douches and scented female hygiene projects.
- Keeping genitals clean without the use of perfumed soaps.
So there you have it! Yeast infections aren’t anyone’s favorite subject, but the good news is that they’re treatable and preventable. If you experience frequent infections, or infections that won’t clear up, you should talk to your doctor about a more comprehensive treatment plan.
Stay healthy, friends!
“NEXT” for diabetes and foot complications
Katie Taylor started writing in 5th grade and hasn't stopped since. Her favorite place to pen a phrase is in front of her fireplace with a cup of tea, but she's been known to write in parking lots on the backs of old receipts if necessary. She and her husband live cozily in the Pacific Northwest enjoying rainy days and Netflix.